SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assist others in conceptualizing and developing new software programs, applications, data warehouses, and business intelligence reports. Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects and initiatives. Assist in the preparation and documentation of custom application software requirements and specifications. Research and document requirements of software users. Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts. Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades to custom applications. Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications. Assist in the development and implementation of a data warehouse and business intelligence reporting system. Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing custom applications for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging. Prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process. Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines, including thorough documentation of coding and application deployment. Work with other members of the IT department to install applications on ESGW servers and/or desktops.
- A willingness to move between creative and administrative tasks when required
- Acts as a resource for information, guidance and tools.
- Demonstrates competency in technical and soft skills.
- Communicates effectively both written & orally.
- Attends all company provided training.
- Completes all required safety activities.
- Follows all safety rules and requirements of the organization. Does not behave in a careless manner.
- Promotes a strong safety culture.
- Assists in keeping vehicles clean and maintained at all times.
- Custom applications.
- Designs, develops and maintains efficient custom applications. Insures applications function properly and are accessible to authorized users.
- Installs and maintains new and existing software for centers as assigned.
- Database Management
- Designs, develops and maintains database applications.
- Develops relational database reports from SQL databases for end users.
- Obeys all policies of Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the position.
- Occasional overnight travel and weekend work required if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C#, ASP.NET.
• Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including Visual Studio.
• Extensive experience with Windows operating systems.
• Extensive experience with MS SQL database.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Experience with the software development life cycle.
• Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
• Ability to travel and move independently or with reasonable accommodations within the facility and community, availability of a vehicle, ability to communicate clearly and to work overtime as needed.
• Applicant must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
This job description is subject to review or revision on an annual basis or when a change in job duties occurs. It is not intended to be all inclusive in terms of job detail. ESGW NRM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging applications from women, minorities, disabled, and veterans of the U. S. Armed Services.
Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard