This position includes system and capacity reporting, hardware and software support and associated tool sets to configure and monitor the large storage infrastructure.
The candidate will be a member of the Storage Operations team providing storage support for GoDaddy.com , Inc. and its customers. We are looking for a proven team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work in a fast moving environment with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. This will be on the Hosting team.
The overall responsibility is managing SAN and NAS infrastructure platforms and components. In support of these platforms, the administrators are responsible for troubleshooting and analysis, fault resolution, configuration management, change management and performance management. This role is required to monitor storage capacity, apply performance tuning as directed by the Storage Engineering group, manage space utilization, perform backup and recovery procedures, coordinate with vendors, verify monitoring and also perform the installation of patches and upgrades.
In this role, you will:
Do you have what it takes?
- Implementing enterprise class storage solutions (Block and Object) based upon business requirements
- Implement solutions based on a company’s strategic business and/or technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the organization
- Block and Object Store performance analysis & optimization
- Implement problem detection, resolution and systems monitoring
- Implement Block and Object Store lifecycle management for upgrade planning
- The position requires exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and the individual must possess a structured, methodical approach to systems administration
- Fault Management Resolution & Change Execution responsibilities include:
- Restoring service on outage conditions
- Participating in technical calls on outages and assisting with communications
- Performing Change Control with internal customers
- Fault resolution and ticket closures with vendor and local operation centers
- The job is in a production operations environment and requires 24 x 7 on call rotation
Experience in the following is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in an IT field
- 3+ year with experience with Block and Object storage infrastructure support and maintenance
- 2+ years experience working in a mixed Operating System environment including at least one Linux variant
- 2+ years experience with hardware installation and maintenance
- Experience with multiple storage solutions (NetApp, 3PAR, EMC)
- Experience in provisioning, maintenance, troubleshooting of enterprise storage systems
- Experience with Brocade and Cisco fiber channel switches and routers
- Experience with SAN applications such as snap shots, snap mirror and virtualization technology
- Experience with NAS application such as snap mirror, snap vault, DFM (Ops Manager)
- Experience with Red Hat linux distros (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS)
- Experience with Apache, scripting and automation (PHP, BASH, Perl), networking (firewalls, load balancers, etc.), web server security and other technologies such as caching, monitoring and performance tuning
- Experience with monitoring technologies including SNMP and MWS
- Exposure to database technologies (MySQL)
- Ability to plan, document, and effectively implement projects and systems
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with many deadlines
- Experience with DR strategies and implementations for storage
- Experience with hardware and software based replication
- NFS troubleshooting experience
- Familiar with clustering technologies
- Microsoft SQL integration experience
Go Daddy’s award-winning technical teams design and support the innovative technologies that are transforming the cloud, the internet and the world. From product developers to network engineers, data center technicians to platform engineers, our expertise ensures our customers have the technical solutions to meet their needs. We develop world-class products that help our customers establish, enhance and evolve their online presence.
Are you ready to GO with us?
When you GO with Go Daddy, you have the opportunity to be part of something special by making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers. Their success is our success.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what we’ll provide:
- Passion to contribute to a truly exceptional customer experience, no matter your job title
- Understanding that innovation and creativity is a part of what we do every day
- Agility and action orientation – we move at the speed of tech
- Understanding of the privilege and obligation of being part of a team
Go Daddy has been recognized because of its outstanding benefits, compensation, unique perks, diversity and company camaraderie. Go Daddy was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility Honoree - Arizona, Iowa & Denver. Go Daddy is the #1 IT Company on Inc. Magazine 's inaugural Hire Power list of job creators.
- A fun, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Formal and informal opportunities and support for ongoing learning, growth and development
- Team building activities and recognition
- Competitive base plus bonus incentive
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and insurance coverage for all benefit-eligible Go Daddy employees
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year of employment
Go Daddy’s philanthropic work supports a wide variety of charitable and community organizations dedicated to causes including women and children, domestic violence, child abuse, teenage homelessness, animal shelters and more. Visit www.GoDaddyCares.com for more information.
Go Daddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Apply To This Job
Cotter Kimbrough Associates, Inc. - 23 months ago