Yuma Proving Ground Kahuna Lagoon Swimming Pool is located 20 miles north of the city of Yuma, AZ inside the Main Administrative Area of Yuma Proving Ground.
Acts as water safety instructor. Manages all swimming lessons and instructs when scheduled, at the assigned aquatics facility. Develops swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills.
Though this Announcement is open through May, resumes will be graded and forwarded to Management on a regular basis to prepare for full staffing by May 5, 2013. We are seeking qualified lifeguards to be fully trained well in advanced. Management recommends to apply early to ensure your best opportunity to join our team here at YPG!
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Manages all swimming lessons and instructs when scheduled, at the assigned aquatics facility. Develops swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills. Instructs all levels of swimming and appropriate strokes, to include; front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly. Teach students from age groups of infant through adults. Introduces and instructs safety and survival skills to students, when appropriate to level of instruction. Instructors work with lifeguards to ensure that swim lessons and open swim are safe at all times.
Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Water Safety Instructor and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED). Lifeguarding Certification is also desirable.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Water Safety Instructor Certification
7. Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
8. First Aid Certification
(Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable)
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Posession of required certifications, Swimming Experience and Professional Experience as a Lifeguard or Water Safety Instructor.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work that is defined in Resume.
This is a Flexible/Intermittent appointment and is not eligible for benefits or leave accrual.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...