• Is responsible for planning and directing Navy Transportation (a.k.a. Base Support Vehicles and Equipment) programs, policies, and initiatives.
• Is responsible for directing the development and implementation of a robust and effective Transportation program.
• Demonstrates familiarity with Navy Transportation concepts, practices, and procedures (e.g., NAVFAC P-300 and NAVFAC P-307).
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to Transportation improvements.
• Provides leadership for the Company's vision for Transportation and customer service.
• Develops appropriate measurements (metrics) of Transportation performance and reports on those metrics to senior management.
• Has the authority to act independently of operations to ensure Transportation policies and procedures are followed.
• Performs a variety of tasks and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Is responsible for over 1200 units (vehicles and other equipment), ten bucket trucks, six mobile cranes, two boom trucks, ~40 overhead cranes, and ~300 pieces of rigging gear and miscellaneous equipment.
• Manages a budget of ~$9 million.
• Leads and directs the work of ~ 100 persons in Annex 1700.
• Exercises a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Contractually “key” position.
• Reports to the Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced leader who knows his or her transportation stuff when it comes to base operations contracting; is not afraid to “get his or her hands dirty;” is equally comfortable with the Government, Company leadership and the workforce; is a mentor, coach and trainer; is committed to excellence; and, is a well-organized manager, communicator and presenter. The successful candidate will welcome challenges and display the will and initiative to successfully attain results.
• Territory of Guam
• Tropical climate
• Military installation
• Office and field environments
Essential Functions/ Duties:
• Plans, develops, and implements or directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities relating to Transportation operations.
• Ensures that personnel safety procedures and standards are strictly observed.
• Maintains necessary operational, maintenance and administrative records.
• Performs administrative duties, including regular operational reports and statistical records relative to operations’ performance, budget preparation, etc.
• Recommends changes for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Transportation operations.
• Participates in recruitment and selection activities; makes recommendations for appointment of new staff; assists with staff orientation and training.
• Supervises direct reports (staff) including provision of timely performance evaluations; recommends and implements approved discipline; provides staff development; and maintains high standards necessary for efficient, professional operations.
• Provides customer liaison; ensuring safe and efficient operations; and maintaining delivery of high quality work and service.
• Maintains and continuously improves the Transportation management plan.
• Ensures the best technical and business solutions for customers.
• Provides subject matter and service expertise.
• Provides “front line” risk management for the company.
• Works with Company’s leadership team to assess and ensure compliance with the Transportation management plan against internal (policy/procedure) and external (contract/program) requirements; reports regularly on results.
• Develops, implements and monitors criteria for evaluating program and business processes.
• Organizes and facilitates regularly scheduled Transportation training with the leadership team and staff as needed to educate and implement quality and strategy.
• Develops training for employees in Transportation improvement principles and contract compliance requirements.
• Remains knowledgeable about state-of-the-art industry practices, business trends, management process techniques, and measurement tools.
• Facilitates investigations and corrective actions to ensure services satisfy customers' expectations and regulatory requirements.
• Audits contract performance for compliance with Navy Transportation requirements. Ensures contract deliverables are submitted on time, are accurate, and meet contract requirements.
• Individual will have access to confidential/sensitive information and therefore maintains confidentiality and acts professionally at all times.
• Pays attention to detail and demonstrates ability to remain flexible to meet ever-changing requirements.
• Works closely with technical and non-technical peers, cross-functional groups and senior management to promote successful delivery of Navy Transportation services to our internal and external customers.
• Develops short and long-term plans for assigned annex together with supporting budgets.
• Manages the resources of the Transportation staff for all projects and services.
• Handles staffing and personnel management duties and provides hands-on leadership, guidance, and career growth opportunities to the Transportation staff/ workforce.
• Partners with Government counterparts to ensure Company’s commitment to excellence.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Quantity and quality of work
• Attitude towards client, customers and work force
• Attitude towards Company, supervisor and peers
• Job knowledge and aptitude
• Bachelor’s degree in technical specialty or directly related to the work of the Department.
• A minimum of seven (7) years management experience in a transportation center/ facilities of a size and scope similar to that of Naval Base Guam with at least three years experience as Director or Manager in charge of the operations.
• Experienced in the operational, maintenance, and administrative areas/ functions of an industrialized/ commercial transportation program, with significant preference given to Navy Transportation experience.
• Successful experience in a military environment as an independent field manager plus supervisory capacity in a remote location desired.
• Knowledge of government contracting and regulations.
• Proven ability to successfully lead an operations’ organization.
• Superior skills and experience in innovative general management, administration, team-building, and decision making.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities; ability to react quickly and decisively in emergencies.
• Military BOS contract work experience preferred.
• Highly developed technical, leadership, organizational, communications (written, oral and presentation), interpersonal, and management skills.
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to work in a team environment across all levels of the organization.
• Able to manage subordinates, projects and workflow effectively.
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office required: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Able to integrate commercial, technical and execution aspects of project delivery into a full service package to satisfy client/customer requirements.
• Able to perform functions as itemized in physical and environmental requirements of the job
Compensation: The compensation package for this position includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits program and a 5% 401K plan.
Defense Support Services - 13 months ago