A global services company in Newton, MA is looking to bring on a Senior Hadoop Systems Engineer to help integrate their environment and support their growing infrastructure. You will work side by side with the systems and development teams to ensure that the operation of the Hadoop, Hive and other open-source clusters are functioning properly. Many project opportunities will arise through the duration of this role from automating the infrastructure to deploying tools, troubleshooting, and implementing new technologies to support the growing data.
- Must be an expert on the Linux command line (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora)
- Must be able to script in at least one language (Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, Rails)
- Familiarity with databases (PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Don’t miss this opportunity to build up your skill set and work with cutting edge technologies in an advanced and fast-paced environment. You will be faced with challenging situations and have the opportunity to build up your skill set in an advanced Windows environment. Competitive salary, great benefits, and other perks.
- B.S. in Computer Science or some related degree
- Experience in Data Management
Hadoop, Linux, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, Data Management