The Global Financial Applications team is looking for an Oracle e-Business Suite Functional Analyst with expertise in Financials to play a key role designing, implementing, and extending the applications used in Amazon. This position will be responsible for leading the functional design, configuration and support of applications with a primary focus on the global deployment of applications within the e-Business suite. Core activities will include gathering and defining requirements, configuration of standard applications, gap analysis, functional design of application extensions, and end user support for multiple modules in multiple geographies. This role will be responsible for, and have significant influence over a portion of projects in the team’s work portfolio.
- Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Perform gap analysis to determine e-Business suite system configuration and development changes.
- Create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional design documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documents.
- Work with the business and development team to design and implement system modifications.
- Work with business customers, developers and Oracle Support to research, document and resolve Oracle system issues.
- Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Proactive – display energy and initiative in solving problems. Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable – undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required. Adapt quickly to new technologies and products. Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality – demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in your work.
- Decisive – ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options. Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity – act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional – work within your team’s processes. Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- Functional knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite release 11i / R12 in a multi-organization and multi-set of books environment.
- Demonstrable experience working with Oracle Financials supporting at least one of the following applications: Cash Management, Account Receivables, General Ledger
- Knowledge of the underlying Oracle tables, integration points and technology processes are critical to success in this role.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Experience in engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- Experience with low-level ad-hoc query tools (Toad, SQLPlus) and a working knowledge SQL queries.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Experience analyzing data and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
In return, we will offer you an attractive package including basic salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
- Experience with any of the following are preferred though not required: r12 Oracle eBusiness Suite; SubLedger Accounting, E-Business Tax, Account Payables
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- The Global Financial Applications team is a fast paced, dynamic environment. A strong desire to work in such an environment is an important key to success.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business customers and drive consensus when conflicting requirements are identified.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...