Position Description: This position supports the F/A-18A-D Air Vehicle (ADAV) IPT, F/A-18 and EA-18G Program Office (PMA265), NAVAIR Head Quarters in NAS Patuxent River, MD. The F/A-18 and EA-18G Program Office (PMA-265) is responsible for acquiring, delivering, and sustaining the F/A-18A/B/ C/D Hornet, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, and the EA-18G Growler aircraft whereby providing capabilities that enable mission success for the war fighter. The selectee will serve as the Program Management Analyst, who will provide direct business and program management support, while also assisting with day-to-day operations within the ADAV IPT. Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
Education: Requires an accredited Bachelor’s degree plus fifteen (15) years conducting a wide range of technical research and analysis tasks supporting major Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition programs. Nineteen (19) years of experience in related areas may be substituted for an accredited Bachelor’s degree.
- Develop integrated, long-term plans, and roadmaps from capability, functional, and system analysis supporting execution of the F/A-18 ADAV programs. Utilize program management tools, Acquisition Management System (AMS) and Program Management Tool (PMT), for ADAV IPT Leads by tracking all contract actions/requirements, due dates, and progress through close coordination with Budget and Financial Management (BFM) specialists, Procuring Contract Officers (PCO) and contract specialists, Acquisition Team members, ADAV Engineering, ADAV Logistics, and other IPT teams; provide a weekly update to the IPT Leads. Manage and coordinate with Contracts (AIR-2.2) the strategies for Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and various contracts. Develop and coordinate the System Specification, Statement of Work, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL), and Request for Proposal (RFP), Certifications of Urgency, Justifications and Approvals (J&A’s) and other data support plans. Coordinate the review of planning documents to ensure integration of applicable policies, procedures, contract provisions, and data requirements for the assigned program. Participate in the development of technical evaluation plans to support acquisition program goals and objectives.
- Develop and coordinate program financial and contracting strategies in consultation with and coordination among functional leads and report to ADAV Level 2 IPT Leads. Develop the ADAV input for financial and workload drills, spend plan development and budget defense. Support the IPT Leads with the generation, consolidation, and review of the Program Objectives Memorandum (POM) issue sheet process, which requires in-depth knowledge of high-visibility efforts such as Service Life Extension Program (SLEP), Air Vehicle sustainment, correction of deficiencies, modifications, repairs, depot operations, fleet issues and concerns, and impact on the Naval Aviation Enterprise.
- Provide direct support to the IPT Leads in monitoring contractors, Fleet Support Team, and Fleet Readiness Center performance through metrics gathering and by analyzing proposed work changes, man-hour expenditures, workload structures, in-process times, and material cost to determine causes and effect improvements. Monitor the delivery products and services to ensure that material procurements and services adhere to acquisition program requirements. Manage input from Subject Matter Experts and draft the ADAV Contractor Performance Assessment Review (CPAR) and Interim Performance Assessment Review (IPAR) inputs.
- Determine the types of resources (e.g. staffing, funding, equipment or facilities) required to support varied levels of the assigned program operations. Assist the IPT Leads in Command Staffing by ensuring ADAV demands and competency resources are recorded.
- Build key briefs/presentations for senior leaders throughout the Naval Aviation Enterprise
- Process data in accordance with DoD and NAVAIR Security and Technical Transfer Policies/Procedures.
- Facilitate internal and external communication between and among PMA265, contractors, fleet personnel, fleet users, Fleet Support Teams, and other team disciplines in support of the IPT's mission readiness and execution requirements. Manage the cooperative efforts of personnel across organizational boundaries to provide staff support.
- Manage the operations of the ADAV IPT. Duties in this role extend to every aspect of operations and administrative support to the IPT Leads, Class Desk Engineers, project managers, and other IPT members, internal and external. Use computers and appropriate software for data collection, analysis and collating. Prepare/develop/type correspondence, memoranda, reports, forms and tabular material, work schedules, etc., from drafts or notes provided, providing proper spacing, heading and arrangement for ease of understanding and information processing; maintain backup files. Maintain central IPT files and share-drive, including contract and project files. Serve as the IPT receptionist; take, record and distribute mail, telephone, and e-mail messages; make arrangements for IPT staff and other meetings; and attend to ensure detailed minutes and action items are captured, disseminated, and tracked. Receive tasks, coordinate internal and external communications/responses (from PMA, fleet representatives, competencies, and other NAVAIR entities) for IPT Leads’ concurrence, and provide the necessary response to PMA265 Operations for final disposition. Serves as the travel manager for the IPT by coordinating travel details between IPT members and with the PMA265 Travel Managers. Provide administrative guidance within the IPT. Serve as a back-up for other IPTs as needed. If required, travel to accompany the IPT Lead(s).
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidate must demonstrate ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing. Candidates should demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and experience in analysis and assessments of varying depth and scope of program schedule, milestone accomplishments, technical objectives, test results, program financial planning and status, and program risk management for major acquisition programs. Candidates should demonstrate knowledge in program development and execution, and provide a proven record of success performing credible program analysis and developing worthwhile recommendations for improving program management and contractor oversight procedures. Ability to develop presentation materials and meeting minutes required with working knowledge of Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project required. Familiarity with NAVAIR security/technical transfer policies preferred.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply online by clicking "Apply Now to Join Our Team."
Additional information about Southern Maryland may be found at the following Links:
Saint Marys County
Wyle - 13 months ago
Wyle Laboratories is wild about the technical expertise it offers. The firm provides engineering, testing, life cycle management, clinical...