Intertek Commercial and Electrical provides safety testing and certification services to a variety of industries including wireless technology, security, home appliances, industrial, medical, telecommunications, automotive, building products, and electronics.
The opportunity has arisen for a Sr. Project Engineer or a Staff Engineer to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences, and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution towards achieving our business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently perform Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical and Mechanical equipment design and construction reviews to various Gas- Fired products for compliance to North American and European standards. This is done while maintaining client satisfaction by providing the expected deliverables on-time and within budgeted labor hours.
- Witness and often assist with testing at client manufacturing locations or supervise and conduct testing at our local safety lab.
- Independently write reports, engineering judgments, and letters to clients using standardized templates. Perform peer reviews of reports written by other engineers.
- Manage assigned projects from start to finish, including keeping client informed, development of the project file, and proper file closure upon project completion.
- All work must be done in accordance with Intertek Quality and Safety manuals.
- Plan, coordinate and control progress of project work and keep the client informed.
- Interact with clients as required to ensure their satisfaction.
- Prepare project files that are compliant with operating and quality procedures.
- Climb towers to perform inspections, including aerial hub inspections.
- Work independently.
- Assist when interacting with accreditors and/or AHJ to resolve issues.
- Assist with training and development of engineering staff.
- Follow, implement and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed by team.
- Provide input into quality assurance of programs in appropriate fields.
- Identify roadblocks to quality and efficiency, and offer solutions to Operations Manager.
- Assist in the coordination of engineering services with other Intertek locations.
- Make business recommendations on capital expenditures and other initiatives.
- Accomplish special assignments as directed by management.
- Perform design and constructions reviews.
- Write reports; perform peer reviews of reports written by others.
- Review project files for compliance with operating procedures.
- Able to travel 50+% of the time.
Intertek offers a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, 100% tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
- B.S. Degree Electrical or Mechanical Field, and 5+ years directly related experience in testing appliances or HVAC equipment for compliance to National Standards (UL, CSA, IEC, GAD,…etc)
- Knowledge of gas combustion, fuels, and chemistry related to combustion. Also, a good knowledge of appliances control systems.
- Conformity Assessment Experience, especially NRTL program and EU Directives.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to train and develop staff and work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven strategic planning skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Oracle, and other common software applications.
- Registered P.E. desired, but not required.
Intertek - 2 years ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...