Responsibilities include day-to-day support for Linux Operating Systems, various operational utilities and server hardware, providing the technical support for assigned environments. Responsible for coordinating and implementing required changes. Work with Service Managers and Clients to minimize business impact. Understand and follow operational processes and policies. Work with 1st level support to ensure timely, effective incident resolution. System Administrators maintain their technical knowledge by attending appropriate training, reading technical documentation, researching issues on-line and seeking out areas of interest to improve the skills within the team.
This is a rotating on-call position (7x24).
- 3-6 years of Redhat Linux Operating System support
- Strong troubleshooting skills, fault isolation and resolution.
- Clustering (GFS/Oracle Rac)
- SAN Infrastructure–EVA/NetApp/EMC
- HP Data Protector Knowledge
- Scripting knowledge (Shell and Perl preferred)
- HP Blades
- Remedy experience
- SAP experience a plus
LCI-Lawinger Consulting - 15 months ago