Postal/Zip Code: 51334
Tri-State Paving, an Oldcastle Materials Company, was established in 1963 in Estherville, Iowa. TSP has become a critical part of construction paving for Federal, State, County and local Municipalities, with services in both asphalt paving and aggregate production. Currently, Tri-State Paving is one of the most successful construction companies in the Midwest. TSP is an industry leader in asphalt paving, with honors of numerous federal and state awards in both safety and asphalt construction.
Oldcastle Materials Group (OMG)/Midwest Region
March 30, 2013
The Distributor Operator is responsible for operating a variety of equipment for groundwork and construction purposes. The career field for “Distributor Operator” includes, but may not be limited to, the following positions: Equipment Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator. The Distributor Operator will have to spray tack oil on road before the Asphalt is laid down. Also must be able to assist around the Asphalt Paver.
- The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and paving.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Candidate must have valid Drivers license and Class B CDL.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Be at least age 21 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tri-State Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Tri-State Paving is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.