- Previous experience with computer software/windows proficient
- Previous experience in customer service
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of two years medical/clinical office experience
- Experience in HIPAA
- Previous experience in health insurance
A receptionist is the initial contact the patient has within the clinic requiring: updating and confirming demographics and insurance information, collecting payments for service, scheduling follow up appointments and assembly of charts. Facilitates the direction of care and flow for all patients in the clinic.
- Greeting and processing patients to include but not limited to obtaining current insurance and demographic information, consents, required signatures, required forms , and answering patient questions follow up appointments which includes a variety of types. Collecting co-pays and payment for service, providing receipt for patients/closing batch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Management Guidelines for BDHG Casual Call Nurses and Clerical Staff
Casual Call staff shall belong to the Health Group department 9650. The utilizing clinic will have responsibility for hours used per pay period. Earned time shall be billed to department 9652.
- The job description and job class for employees hired into the BDHG casual call pool will be the same as for clinic RN’s, LPN’s, and Clerical Staff. Therefore the basic knowledge and content will be the same as utilized for hiring of regular FTE positions.
- Casual Call staff shall be trained and oriented in all departments as the need arises.
- Current casual call or “seasonal” staff will be allowed flexibility per past arrangements through 2012. Beginning 1/1/2013, all current casual call or seasonal staff will migrate into the BDHG casual call pool and all guidelines outlined in this document shall apply.
- Casual Call staff shall be scheduled and supervised by the casual call pool nursing and clerical supervisors.
- Applicants for Casual Call staff (both nursing and clerical) shall have two interviews: first by the designated clinic supervisor/manager and a second/peer interview which will be comprised of peers and other clinic managers.
- The designated Supervisors/Managers shall be responsible for time accounting, scheduling, reviews, competencies, staff meetings; and any other issues which might arise pertaining to the management of the Casual Call staff.
- Seasonal casual call staff shall re-orient with new employee computer orientation prior to being scheduled for any shifts.
- Scheduling Casual Call Staff:
Managers and Supervisors that anticipate staffing needs should have a request submitted to the casual call staff supervisor at least one month prior to the need. With the exception of FMLA, clinics may not request casual call staff coverage more than 4 months in advance.
Clinic staff will continue to follow their current process when calling out sick (i.e. they will call their own department Manager or Supervisor). If the clinic cannot staff with their own resources, the d Manager or Supervisor will contact the appropriate casual call Supervisor/Manager for assistance.
CMA’s who are currently in the casual call pool will be oriented to the departments that utilize them. All nursing new hires within the casual call pool will be either LPN’s or RN’s.
Clerical staff in the casual call pool is defined as Front Desk, Medical Records, and Phone Room staff.
Casual call staff shall submit their availability to the float pool supervisor at least one month in advance and preferably as soon as possible.
Upon providing availability for scheduling, if a casual call employee turns down 2 shifts in a 30 day period they will be removed from the pool.
Casual call staff shall be required to work a minimum of four (4) requested shifts in a 30 day period based on demand.
Developed by the Health Group Clinic Managers
Edited and finalized on 6-27-2012 JD, BSN RN
12-19-2012 Reviewed with Betty Ainsworth, IMA nurse supervisor and Tracy Reamy, Director of clinic operations and minor changes were made. JD, BSN RN Float Nurse Pool supervisor.
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
- 10 days ago