The Senior Project Engineer is an advanced-level position responsible for planning and directing projects or specific elements in engineering projects involving over 4,000 engineering man-hours. This position supervises and directs project personnel, oversees the development of work packages, and expedites technical deliverables in a multidisciplinary environment. |
- Responsible for delivery of all technical engineering work products required to construct modifications.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects through all stages. These modifications may be under Projects or Programs and cover multiple engineering disciplines.
- Responsible to produce cost effective and fit-for-purpose project plans, specifications and engineering estimates compliant with client needs, industry standards, codes, regulations and laws.
- Engineering activities include scope development, feasibility and conceptual studies, comprehensive alternative analysis, preliminary engineering, final design, engineering implementation support and final documentation of modifications.
- This position is responsible to procure and oversee qualified and appropriate resources, produce all required project deliverables, and c ommunicate with executive management and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Resources may be in-house or outside services.
- For outside services this position must be able to write Requests for Proposals, lead the evaluation of the proposals, negotiate cost and schedules for work by outside services.
- For in-house services this position must oversee the work of the in-house SME's while coordinating the development of the engineering packages.
- The incumbent is responsible for project scope, schedules and budgets for all assigned projects.
- Scope definition requires well developed technical skills and ability to work well with clients.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with Project Engineering, Standards, Regulations, Laws and Specifications, pipeline maintenance practices and techniques in discipline area to better enable working knowledge across multiple technical disciplines.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in engineering required.
- Five to Ten years of project management experience with progressive increase in project complexity required.
- Experience in the oil and gas-related project management preferred.
- Experience in Mechanical, or Civil / Structural disciplines preferred.
- Experience as a customer representative in engineering, procurement, or construction processes preferred.
- Proficiency with program management software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
P.E. license preferred.
All applicants must meet the following AES Driver Licenses and Records policy.
Arctic Slope Regional Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Alaska's slippery slopes have led to financial success for ASRC Energy Services. A subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corp., ASRC...