Job Title: Systems Architect
Job ID: 14653
Location: Southfield, MI, US
Regular/Temporary: Line of Business:
About the Opportunity
- Executes the complete life cycle tasks as assigned
- Review requirements, complete analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation as assigned.
- Identify, communicate and recommend possible technical solutions for issues and/or problems encountered.
- Application support on an as needed basis, provide user and production support for assigned applications. *Effectively communicate with users to answer questions and resolve urgent requests.
Ability to code and unit test the changes.
- Receive and analyze flat data files(s) and define record layouts for file processing.
- Verify input data quality, including identification and communication of file variances and potential issues
- Read data file dumps and QC conversion output.
- Set up, process and QC data hygiene and merge/purge processes
- Set up and process statistical reports and provide these reports to account teams.
- Maintain and adhere to project schedules.
- Ability to recommend and implement automation solutions for production process.
- Communicate production issues to manager and account team.
- Interacts with multiple departments to handle customer requests and custom programming
- Will supervise in manager’s absence, take meetings for Manager, team lead/mentoring role, technical projects with little to no guidance, contributes to new processes and technologies to the group. More advanced technical development. Technically more challenging.
- Attending client meetings.
Compensation and Benefits
- Experience with ECL proprietary language.
- Experience with data compression algorithms and techniques.
- Experience in working with parallel systems environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of UNIX environment/directory structures /Linux/DO environment.
- Knowledge of database programs, Access, and basic SQL preferred
- Knowledge of data formats – character fields, packed fields, binary, hexadecimal fields
- Computer Science/Engineering degree or 1-2 years equivalent experience in C, C++, Perl, Shell Scripting
- 5-7 years of IT experience in a data analytics and software development environment.
- Source Control familiarity
- Knowledge of data hygiene tools a plus (First Logic, BMC Group1, TSSUtil, AWK) is a plus.
- Ability to work weekends and nights when needed
- Proven analysis, design, and programming experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to read, create, and change existing code
- Multi-tasking and attention to detail necessary
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com or call 1.800.309.0505.
Epsilon is an all-encompassing global marketing company, a leader in creating connections between people and brands. We find, acquire and...