VNA FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
This is a 22.5hr/wk benefitted position.
The VNA's Family Room is a parent-child center offering a variety of programs for parents and their children, birth through six-years-old, with the common goal of strengthening families within our community. We are currently in search of a Family Room Staff Worker to assist in providing services to our families with young children. Experience working with diverse populations is desirable.
• Welcoming new families
• Providing cross-cultural information
• Orienting refugee and immigrant families to their new community
• Encouraging healthy habits such as good nutrition and appropriate behavior through role modeling parenting skills, maintaining attendance in programs
• Engaging parents and children in various cooperative activities
• Participating in preparation and take-down of programs
• General upkeep of the VNA Family Room environment.
• High school education plus four to five years relevant experience, with college degree desirable.
• A broad base of knowledge and experience in connecting with diverse constituents
• Participation in diversity or cultural competence training or classes
• Direct hands on experience working in teams including people from diverse backgrounds required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Bi/multilingual English, Burmese/Karin, Maay Maay, Swahili, or Nepali is desirable but not necessary
• Prior experience with social services provision, employment services or refugee resettlement is preferred and the candidate must have dedication to the human rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers and displaced people.
All Agency Employees are required to carry Automobile Insurance. The minimum requirements for Bodily Injury are $100,000 per person and $300,000 per incident. Proof of Insurance is required upon hire.
Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties - 30+ days ago