Job Number 1303824 Business GE Technology Infrastructure Business Segment Technology Infrastructure - Healthcare About Us GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies that are helping a new age of patient care. GE Healthcare’s expertise in medical imagine and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring and life support systems, disease research, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping physicians detect disease earlier and to tailor personalized treatments for patients.
GE Healthcare offers a broad range of products and services that are improving productivity in health and enhancing patient care by enabling healthcare providers to better diagnose and treat cancer, heart disease, neurological diseases, and other conditions. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $15 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 43,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.
GE is an equal opportunity employer. Posted Position Title Advanced Manufacturing Engineer II - Six Sigma Black Belt Career Level Experienced Function Manufacturing Function Segment Manufacturing Engineering Location United States U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces Wisconsin City Waukesha Postal Code 53188-1696 Relocation Expenses Yes Role Summary/Purpose Black Belt position will be responsible for delivering sustainable solutions to the top product quality/capability issues in the region, through the application of six-sigma DMAIC concepts and tools. As a domain expert in DMAIC methods, they will lead cross-functional project teams, at and between manufacturing sites across the region. This individual will be challenged with executing and leading multiple projects concurrently. They will be challenged with solving tough systemic issues, and d Essential Responsibilities -Leading and executing multiple DMAIC projects concurrently. (Lead 6 projects per year & mentor/support spin off GB projects.)
- Developing business cases that inspire cross-functional project engagement.
- Developing project plans and frameworks to guide the execution and ensure DMAIC rigor.
- Executing projects with strong analytical rigor, and sound engineering judgment.
- Communicating project status to cross-functional leadership.
- Scoping and defining project funnels for the sites and supporting projects with six-sigma expertise as needed to ensure rigor and sustainable results.
- Training and sharing of six-sigma methods
- Championing the use of DMAIC as a primary problem solving tool kit for Mfg Eng. Qualifications/Requirements -Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field (Science)
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in a manufacturing and test intensive environment.
- DMAIC GB Certified (or demonstrated strong analytical problem solving skills and the desire and capability to achieve DMAIC certification w/in 9 months)
- Experience working with and driving cross functional teams to collaborate on solutions (Mfg, Eng, SQE)
- Experience working on complex mfg process issues, successfully delivering sustainable solutions.
- Clear thinking. Ability to plan and organize projects for yourself and for a team. Ability to mulit-task and manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS framework and processes.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Desired Characteristics -Masters of Science in Engineering or related field (Science)
- 10+ years of industry experience
- DMAIC BB certified
- An experienced seasoned DMAIC BB, with a passion for putting their six-sigma and technical skills into practice to solve tough impactful issues.
- Good CAP skills. Demonstrated ability to influence teams to respond and come together.
- Strong technical background. Ability to quickly come up to speed on new products and processes.
- Ability to filter and identify the key issues.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to provide clear concise updates, to multiple audiences.
GE Careers - 3 years ago