AAM is a world leader in the manufacture, engineering, validation and design of driveline systems, chassis systems and forged products for trucks, buses, sport utility vehicles and passenger cars.
Currently, this Tier 1 automotive components supplier needs a talented individual to fill the role of a Senior Materials Engineer at our Technical Center location in Rochester Hills, MI.
- Possess a solid knowledge of materials/metallurgical principles and their application
- Perform fracture and materials analysis on various driveline components
- Operate multiple pieces of laboratory equipment including: cut-off saws, macro/micro hardness testers, optical/SEM microscopes chemical spectrograph, x-ray diffractometer
- Write clear concise engineering reports documenting metallurgical findings, recommendations and conclusions
- Provide materials direction and recommendations to engineering
- Support plant metallurgy functions
- Work with product engineering on program specific projects
- Assist AAM global sites with materials related questions/direction
- Manage metallurgical special projects
- Familiar with forging, heat treating and casting processes
- BS Materials Science Engineering/Metallurgy
- 7-10 years experience
AAM is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- MS Materials Science Engineering/Metallurgy
- Automotive industry experience
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...