Emergency Medical Associates (EMA) and its affiliated entities is a highly integrated healthcare company that offers emergency medicine, hospitalist, urgent care and practice management solutions to hospitals and health systems regionally in New York, New Jersey, North Carolina and Rhode Island. Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, EMA is a privately held, physician-owned partnership employing over 1000 employees. EMA has been delivering its superior emergency medicine and urgent care management services through its integrated healthcare management solutions since 1977.
EMA is one of the largest emergency department (ED) practice organizations and treats over one million patients annually while serving more than 20 hospital clients. The company is widely recognized for clinical excellence, as well as the ability to increase patient volume, turn around ED operations, and improve and sustain patient satisfaction. Many unique features set our team apart within the industry, particularly our highly collaborative team-based culture that prides itself on customer excellence and satisfaction and empowers its staff.
The Clinical Information Manager (CIM) will provide scribe services at the direction of a physician or practitioner (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) allowing the physician or practitioner to spend more time with the patient, work more productively, and produce accurate and thorough documentation. A CIM does not act independently, but documents the previously determined physician or practitioner’s dictation and/or activities into the electronic medical record (EMR). CIMs help facilitate data flow by retrieving or locating diagnostic test results and facilitate patient flow by monitoring the patient’s stay, i.e. informing the provider when test results are back, if the results aren’t back following up to ensure they are completed. CIMs review the physician or practitioner documentation for coding criteria and assist in selecting the appropriate codes. This is an outstanding opportunity for pre-med, physician assistant and nursing students, EMTs or any other candidates interested in a career in healthcare.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK/VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
- Science coursework at the undergraduate level or above; Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology coursework preferred
- At least 100 hours of work or volunteer experience in the healthcare field within the past 12 months; Experience in a direct patient care environment preferred, i.e. Emergency Medical Technician, physician shadowing, clinical technician in a hospital, or a medical assistant in a doctor’s office, etc.
- Relevant work experience (2 or more years) in the healthcare field may be considered in lieu of the education and coursework requirement.
- Strong communication skills: grammatical, spelling, and verbal
- Excellent listening and note-taking skills
- Computer proficiency and the demonstrated ability to type 45 words per minute or above (adjusted for errors)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work day, evening, overnight hours and weekend and holiday shifts
- Ability to remain calm in a fast paced, at times stressful environment
- Detail oriented with proven ability to work effectively under conditions requiring accuracy
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and general medical knowledge
All hospital sites are 24 hour operations. As a CIM you will work on a rotational shift basis, this will likely include overnights hours, weekends and holiday shifts.
All candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Be sure to include any clinical medical experience you have (paid or volunteer). The cover letter should be 2-3 paragraphs explaining why you feel you are a good fit for the position. It will be regarded as a sample of your writing.
We offer a collaborative team based culture with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including an outstanding 401(k) match, profit sharing plan, medical, and vision, dental, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement program.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual updates regarding the status of your application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Kimball Medical Center
Lakewood, New Jersey
Click here to view information about Kimball Medical Center
Emergency Medical Associates
- 2 years ago - save job