DuPont Industrial Biosciences works with customers across a wide range of industries to improve products and make processes more sustainable. Through a unique combination of agricultural, biotechnology, chemical and material science capabilities, coupled with the power of talented individuals worldwide, the organization focuses on providing bio-based solutions to meet the needs of a growing population while protecting our environment.
We are looking for a Microbiology Technician. This position is primarily responsible for addressing the recombinant DNA testing in support of Regulatory requirements for enzyme registration. In particular, two key EU regulatory requirements for FIAP (Food Improvement Agency Package) and REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals) will be supported.
You are a qualified candidate if you meet the following qualifications:
- Areas of work include:
- Performs analytical and microbiological techniques/methodologies.
- Supports method development, validation, optimization, implementation, and crossover across various scientific disciplines in support of product/process initiations and qualifications.
- Operation, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
- Ordering and purchasing of lab chemicals and supplies.
- Active participant of the lab who consistently contributes to the continuous improvement of the lab operations.
- Effective team player, willing to accept and share responsibility, help others, and ask for help when needed.
- Works with Project/Team Leaders to make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Works with Project/Team Leaders to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, presentations, and quantitative analyses.
- Communicates, advises, and consults within the lab and with cross-functional peers.
- Contributes to projects and processes within their scientific discipline.
- Works with minimal guidance to make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Supports implementation of new technologies.
- Assists/contributes to the coordination of work and project support.
- Work with various information management systems and databases.
This position requires a BS degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or a related scientific field and at least 2 years experience in a laboratory setting. You must have a strong work ethic with high work standards; strong communication skills and be able to effectively prioritize, organize, and plan responsibilities to meet the needs of your customers. This position requires strong teamwork and interpersonal skills to work with a very interactive and self-directed team. This position may require off-hours work and moderate to heavy lifting.
Genencor International, Inc. (Genencor) is a biotechnology company that develops and delivers products and services for the industrial,...