Overview About the Position:
Title: Regional DBA, Oracle Applications
Reports to: Oracle DBA Team Leader/Architect
Location: Terex Locations in WA - Near Seattle
Work Eligibility: Must be authorized to work and travel in North America
The Regional DBA, Oracle Applications will be responsible to lead DBA and Applications Administration activities for the Terex Management System (TMS) primarily in North America. As a member of the Global Infrastructure and Operations Support team (GIOS), this position will work closely with local business and application functional resources to provide systems administration for the Oracle Applications during deployment and post-production phases. Through an understanding of local business processes and issues, this position will help ensure that TMS meets the requirements of the sites in the North American region. This position will mentor site support teams that will manage the system locally. They will also act as a first point of escalation for advanced system administration and problem resolution. This position should have intimate knowledge of Oracle Database and Applications technologies, Applications tuning, Applications troubleshooting, etc. Familiarity with and awareness of Oracle Applications system management methodologies and tools is also required.
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer reporting in five business segments: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, Material Handling & Port Solutions and Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, manufacturing, mining, shipping, transportation, refining, energy and utility industries. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. Terex uses its website (www.terex.com) to make information available to its investors and the market. Additional information about Terex Corporation’s products and services can be found on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation).
- More than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide.
- We market our products to customers in more than 150 countries.
Responsibilities - Provide on-site and regional support for Oracle Applications, including:
- Coordinate maintenance activities with local businesses.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by local users.
- Manage Concurrent Processing related to local processes.
- Identify performance bottlenecks related to local processes.
- Communicate progress and issues with local businesses.
- Work with a global team on Design and Implementation of Oracle Applications related solutions.
- Mentor local support teams in managing an Oracle Applications environment.
- Provide second level escalation for local system issues related to the Oracle Applications environment.
- Perform system maintenance through a disciplined change control process.
- Work on Design and Implementation of Oracle Applications Projects as required.
- Contribute to the Design, Documentation and Implementation of Terex Standards and IT Policies in Oracle Applications, as well as associated systems.
- Liaise with the local IT site teams, and provide excellent support for Oracle Applications and technologies.
- Provide service back-up and work through commitment for your team peers (i.e. follow the sun support). Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required. Bachelors Degree
in Computer Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, preferred.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of Oracle Database Administration experience is required.
- Must have expert knowledge of Oracle database management and administration.
- Must have experience with Oracle E-biz 220.127.116.11 and 12i (preferable).
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required.
Ability to prioritize work with a great attention to detail and priority/critical factors.
Self motivated with good time management skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills
- Functional and technical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Strong results orientation.
- Skilled in managing complexity and change.
- Ability to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- General flexibility of working hours (possible nights and weekends)
- As Needed.
All interested candidates should apply on-line at www.terex.com/careers.
Terex team members can apply via our intranet, but if you encounter a problem contact your local Human Resources representative.
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries and advancement opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...