Prudential Financial is currently seeking an experienced EEO Professional for the Equal Opportunity Director, position in our Corporate Headquarters Office, located in Newark, NJ.
This position is part of the Equal Opportunity Operations team, which reports directly to the Vice President, EO Operations. The Director, EO drives key EO Operations strategic objectives, interprets federal regulations and incorporates knowledge of external environmental factors into strategies that minimize risk and provide a sustainable compliance posture for the firm. This position acts in an advisory role for Prudential's businesses and corporate centers, providing functional expertise to ensure compliance with EEO laws and federal affirmative action regulations and the delivery of large scale compliance programs that enhance the quality of our audit process, procedure and outcomes. The Director, EO supports all company business and corporate groups, including the corporate headquarters office, in the preparation, management, and resolution of compliance evaluations conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). The successful candidate for this role may engage in diversity consulting with these same businesses and corporate groups.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Manage all compliance evaluations conducted by the OFCCP or state agencies to ensure adherence to the company's EEO and anti-discrimination policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Analyze compensation and other personnel transaction data, to include, but not limited to identification and addressing data integrity issues as part of the pre-desk audit submission.
Quality review AAPs for technical compliance with federal affirmative action regulations, in preparation for internal desk audits to determine compliance status with EEO and affirmative action requirements, including analysis of recruiting, referral, hiring, retention, and compensation practices.
Interpret current and pending regulations, laws and executive orders and advise HR and Corporate Leadership of developments, changes and initiatives from government agencies regarding EEO related matters that might impact the company.
Partner with various internal organizations, including, but not limited to, Human Resources, Law, Staffing, Total Compensation, and Talent Management to achieve EEO/Diversity and Inclusion goals.
Represent EO Operations with critical interdependent partners in Human Resources, Law, Staffing, Talent Management, Total Compensation and others to ensure common understanding of compliance-related requirements that may impact various internal processes and or systems (e.g., recordkeeping, personnel transactions, and AAP job groups).
Develop recommendations to ensure Prudential's hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations.
Train managers of people on their responsibilities and obligations regarding EEO and affirmative action compliance.
Keep current on trends impacting EEO, affirmative action and diversity via education, training, publications and membership in professional organizations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7 years Human Resources experience, with at least 5 years' recent experience managing full OFCCP compliance evaluations (desk stage and on-site visit) for a Fortune 500 company
- Hands-on experience in the creation, interpretation, and monitoring of Affirmative Action Plans under regulatory requirements for the last 5 years
- Active membership in national and regional professional Equal Opportunity-focused organizations/associations
- Hands-on experience analyzing compensation in a manner consistent with OFCCP practice, including conducting cohort analyses
- Experience developing and delivering training to people managers on EEO and Affirmative Action obligations
- Strong analytical skills, including full command of statistical data analysis and interpretation
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Comprehensive knowledge of current federal affirmative action regulations and guidelines and major EEO laws
- Working knowledge of Staffing, hiring and applicant tracking processes
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, inclusive of consultative experience and persuasiveness
- Travel required approximately 20 percent of the time.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
- Working knowledge of [Complete Affirmative Action Management [CAAMS] software
- Work experience in a Financial Services or Insurance related organization
- Three to five years' Diversity Consulting experience
- Strong leadership capabilities, with a proven record of developing staff
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Newark
Prudential - 4 years ago
For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and...