This position reports to the Director of Operations and interacts daily with other UBP balance forward reps, as well as with the internal UBP EDI/mailroom, customer support, and resolution representatives to ensure balance forward and disconnect issues are resolved in a timely manner. It represents the balance forward team during customer conference calls and on-site visits and is responsible for scheduling and assigning balance forward resources, analyzing current UBP processes, recommending and implementing process efficiencies, and assisting with evaluations and employment decisions of staff.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, August 9, 2013.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters
- Prioritize projects as received
- Delegate workload to ensure daily and weekly goals are met
- Schedule and assign group resources as needed
- Assist in the selection and hiring process of new employees
- Assist with performance evaluations of team members
- Facilitate communication amongst the mailroom, data entry, utility, accounts payable, customer support groups and all utility vendors
- Develop and deliver training to coworkers as assigned
- Research and resolve all balance forward and disconnect notices resulting from unpaid balances due to misapplied payments, missing invoices and lost payments
- Assist other team members with timely and accurate entry of assigned balance forward resolutions
- Accurately identify balance forwards, revised/corrected and duplicate utility invoices and routing for resolution
- Work directly with utility vendors to ensure accurate and timely posting of invoice payments.
- Manage and resolve all internally created data processing exceptions related to balance forward issues to ensure accurate payment of all UBP invoices processed.
- Manage pending and open call records that document all interaction with the utility vendors to resolve balance forward issues
- Assists bill processing with entering invoices
- Examine current UBP processes and recommend and implement process efficiencies
- Ensure that all information is appropriately entered and utilized in the iVUE Support tool
- Serves as mentor to other employees
- May assist in preparing materials and deliver Brian Wolf National IT Learning Center classes
- May assist in preparing materials and deliver Member information Conference (MIC) sessions.
- Other duties as assigned
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field or equivalent experience
Desired Job Experience
Important Skills and Abilities:
- Generally requires 5-8 years of previous accounts payable, utility billing or bookkeeping experience
- Previous UBP data processing or utility billing experience a plus
- Working Knowledge of UBP mailroom and data entry processing
- Working Knowledge of utility billing concepts and industry terminology
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and Internet
- Ability to understand vendor billing concepts
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and teach others
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position
- 2 years ago - save job
NISC, a leading provider of information technology products and services, offers integrated software and hardware solutions to utilities and...