-----------------SEND RESUMES TO JOBS (at) CYNETSYSTEMS.COM-------
We are looking for Systems and Network Security Engineer for our client in Reston, VA area.
JOB TITLE: Systems and Network Security Engineer
LOCATION: Reston, VA
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Candidate will have strong systems and network security background and be comfortable with IPtables configuration, apache security and config, sshd, and basic Linux systems security best practices.
- Candidate will have exposure to multiple security scanning tools and their common strengths and pitfalls and should be comfortable applying and testing the changes necessary to address identified security concerns.
- The candidate will be tasked with reviewing both web (LAMP) and backend security on linux-based EM7 appliances and must be able to qualify security concerns raised against EM7 by taking the appliance context and supported/default configuration into account. Candidate will provide specific proposals on addressing security concerns it cases where a change is warranted, and specific justification for cases where not change is necessary.
- The candidate will apply and test available patches to remediate the concerns that merit changes to the basic EM7 configuration and run the appropriate security scans to demonstrate the vulnerability no longer exists.
- Candidate should have experience in kernel patching and impacts of security-related kernel patches on higher level applications.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise 5 and Centos 5 (kernel version 2.6.18), PHP 5.4, Python 2.7, Apache 2.2, My SQL versions 5.1 and 5.5, OpenOffice 3.4 and OpenSSL/OpenSSH is required.
- A working knowledge of Anacondoa/kickstart, rpm and rpm build, and advanced bash scripting is highly desirable.
Cynet Systems - 22 months ago