The Software Engineer Lead prepares cost/benefit analysis, and is
responsible for project budgets and timely completion.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or 8+ years equivalent experience
- Has technical knowledge of most systems software areas
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting issues and creating
ability to deal with many different
- Strong team player with effective interpersonal skills and the
levels of technical and business acumen
The Software Engineer Lead is a top-level technical contributor in
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Competent to work on all phases of software applications
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and products
three or more business area and a broad working knowledge of information
technology. This position enhance existing business
applications and to facilitate the definition of solutions to meet
business requirements. The Lead Engineer acts independently under
minimal direction. This title works from specifications to develop or
modify complex software applications. This role develops design
specifications for the implementation of new projects. This position
modifies/maintains complex existing software using releases and
utilities from vendors. The Software Engineer Lead administers projects
of a highly technical nature.
1. Evaluate, install, test, monitor and maintain system software.
Typical responsibilities include
planning, assignment of duties, and the coordination of others during
the implementation of complex system
software projects. Design user system interfaces and business
2. Analyze system and application software malfunctions and corrects
or assists in problem resolution.
3. Perform maintenance of the systems software environment, which
includes making table and operating
parameter changes, upgrading existing software with new release levels,
and applying corrective service to
fix software defects.
4. Design, program, document, and implement application software for
use by customers and internal users.
5. Lead a development team in the design of software addressing
issues of integration, and compatibility.
6. Translate the business# requirements into specific systems,
applications or process designs for complex
IT solutions and architecture.
7. Act as an authority on the architecture designed to address
business problems and provides direction for design activities.
8. Code programs; derive logical processes on technical platforms;
engage in performance/integration testing,
business and technical analysis, data modeling; build screens,
windows and reports.
9. Participate in long range planning and the formulation of goals,
projects and programs. Provides capacity planning for software/hardware
10. Skilled in compiling procedures used to design, develop, test, and
implement online and batch application systems. Familiar with multiple
11. Research emerging technologies and provides analysis and
recommendations for implementation.
12. Provide guidance to Jr. Team members.
13. May perform after-hours support on a rotating basis.
14. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
15. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties,responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since it is not the...