Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator
This position provides database administration support for multiple Oracle databases in a fast paced, Ecommerce environment. This position assists the larger Oracle database administration team in their mission of providing excellent support of all operational and project related activities. It provides advanced technical support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives. Responsible for designing, implementing and managing large mission critical databases to meet established service levels.
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems.
- Provide development & testing support for database related project activities.
- Install, upgrade and configure database and other third-party software.
- Build and modify systems to meet requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Evaluate database and software requirements and influence design decisions.
- Configure and tune databases and operating system software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
Experience supporting Supply Chain - Forecasting software i.e. Oracle – EBS, Demantra, SAP, JDA, IBM, Ariba, Manhattan Associates or other. Preferable but not required.
- Five to seven years’ experience in a Red Hat/Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 environment.
- Expert level experience with Oracle through 11G Release 2.
- Ability to install and configure RDBMS, layered and third party software unassisted.
- Proficiency with most database utilities such as RMAN, sql loader, exp, imp, data pump, Data Guard etc.
- Proficiency with partitioning, advanced queuing, distributed transactions, materialized views/snapshots, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with tuning and monitoring tools such as OEM, and other third-party tools.
- Advanced SQL and PL/SQL programming skills with ability to write, debug and tune packages, procedures and functions.
- Experience with SQL Net and understanding of networking as it applies to database operations.
- Thorough knowledge of UNIX operating system and shell scripting.
- Install/configure ASM, experience with SAN/NAS storage technologies such as EMC, NetApp, and ZFS.
- Experience with server clustering techniques, data replication technologies and RAC.
- Experience with Oracle Database Appliance and Exadata engineered systems.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and experience working in ITIL based service organization.
PLEASE CONTACT VICTORIA WHITE WITH QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
'Apex Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
- A four year degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Apex Systems is an IT staffing and services firm. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct...