Our Transportation Group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
The Sr. Bridge Inspector is responsible for planning, preparing, and performing the field inspection of various bridge types for DOT.
The Team leader will be present at the bridge inspection site throughout the bridge inspection, will personally inspect the bridge, supervise other inspection team member(s) to ensure that each bridge is properly inspected and shall ensure that the inspection results are properly documented. He shall ensure that additional team members are appropriately qualified and trained for their required duties, such as but not limited to, traffic control, measurements or the preparation of sketches.
- This position requires 7 years of experience, including at least 5 years bridge design experience.
- Candidates must be familiar with bridge inspection standards and criteria including working knowledge of BIPPI, WinBolts and VIRTIS or similar programs.
- Must be able to qualify as an NBI Team Leader.
- NHI Safety Inspector certification in-service bridges required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- BSCE and PE license required.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
Stantec - 20 months ago
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...