Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this position is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Accuracy, reliability and excellent customer service skills are the cornerstone of the pharmacy technician expectations.
1. Enter inpatient orders/prescriptions into the computer and prepare labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
2. Answer telephones When appropriate and with in legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
3. Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a quarterly basis.
4. Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labels all IV products. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
5. Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
6. Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
7. Run fill lists and prepares medications for Cubies or Pyxis stations.
8. Delivers medications and IVs to patient care areas. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
9. Data enters patient charges and credits.
10. Check in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders. Restocks medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchases medication from suppliers.
11. Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. See section below for varied requirements.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: ' Minimum of one year's experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems. Demonstrated customer service skills.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: ' See section below for varied state requirements.
OTHER SKILLS: ' Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
' Good mathematical and analytical skills
' Strong customer service skills including excellent communication skills
' Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
' Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacists
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
' WA ' must complete Wash St Board of Pharmacy approved Level A Pharmacy Tech Program.
' WA St Board of Pharmacy Level A Assistant Certificate; or may work as Tech Level A while in training program under direct supervision of pharmacist.
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Please see above.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon,...