PRINT PAGE | CLOSE WINDOW
CADD Technician I
The CADD Technician I provides technical support services. With assistance or direction, provides timely, accurate, and cost efficient computer automated drafting services which involve the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
- Provide all services in a legal and ethical manner.
- Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
- Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Must project a professional, positive attitude and use extreme confidentiality.
- Work effectively both independently and as team member.
- Maintain orderly work area allowing team members access to project information.
- Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
- May work overtime, especially during the construction season.
- Prepare and revise technical drawings from rough sketches or from engineering and design information using CADD software programs.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately.
- Understand and follow company established standard CADD procedures for file structure and standard drawing procedures for projects.
- Keep up-to-date with CADD and graphics equipment, software, and training to improve CADD efficiency and accuracy.
- May accompany survey crew in field to locate grading markers or to collect data required for design and construction.
A two-year degree in civil engineering technology or a related field is highly desirable; however, applicable experience may be accepted. Knowledge of AutoCAD software is required. 0-5 years of experience is required. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills with drafting emphasis, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.
Hours and Travel:
This position requires the individual work 40 hours per week with 100% of time spent in the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to talk or hear and communicate clearly.
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required Documents to Apply:
- Two documents are required for us to process your application.
- They must be separate and in PDF or Microsoft Word format:
- Cover Letter - you may address your letter to HR Recruiter
- Do not use extra punctuation or spaces when naming your documents.
- Use "john_resume.doc" instead of "john.resume.doc" or "john's resume.pdf"
KLJ - 2 years ago
For over 75 years, KLJ has provided engineering and planning solutions for local, regional and national infrastructure projects. KLJ...