As a Physician Assistant you will perform a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up and outcome evaluation. In addition you will participate in performance improvement, research and educational activities.
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents and communicates the plan of care and follows-up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions and any referrals on patient charts. Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, and the Clinical Aspects of Patient Care at a level normally acquired through completion of an approved Physician's Assistant Program culminating in a Bachelor's Degree.
- Licensed Registered Physician Assistant by the New York Start Department of Education. Board Certified, preferred. Must receive certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of previous related experience, preferred
- Interventional Radiology experience is preferred with knowledge of insertion of PICC lines. Assist MD with Interventional cases, CT and Ultrasound guided biopsies, paracentesis and thoracentesis.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 2 years ago - save job
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...