Reporting to the Senior Director of IT, the Director of Applications and Business Intelligence is responsible for long term vision, leadership and strategic direction for business solutions at BMCHP. Directs the operations and work activities of the Application Development, IT Quality Assurance, Business Intelligence and EDI areas in support of business functions. Develops short and long-term strategies and operational plans for all functional areas within this area.
- Directs operational activities related to custom software development, software configuration and/or integration of purchased software solutions
- Develop a vision, strategy and roadmap for BI capabilities, including expansion of enterprise data warehouse, and analytic and reporting functions
- Determines applications architecture and strategy, providing vision, problem anticipation and problem solving to the teams involved in systems analysis, reporting and applications development.
- Directs the supervision of the Application Development, IT QA & Business Intelligence areas to include hiring, work allocation, scheduling, training and professional development, problem resolution, performance evaluation and related supervisory activities. Maintains budgetary responsibility for the department.
- Directs the development or acquisition of new business applications, the enhancement of applications and the integration of those applications in the BMCHP environment.
- Directs the production support of business applications, including database administration, electronic commerce, application security and configuration, batch processing, and production environment change management.
- Responsible for the development and support of corporate intranet and extranet web sites and for electronic commerce applications.
- Mentor staff and provide educational and training opportunities
- On a timely basis, assure execution of control activities required in BMCHP’s MassHealth Contract ¶2.16.F.1b, New Hampshire Medicaid Care Management Contract ¶7.3.1, and the Model Audit Rule (CMR Title 211, ¶26.18).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field required.
- Masters degree preferred.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes :
- 10 or more years progressively responsible experience in information systems, concentrating on applications development is required.
- Experience within healthcare industry, including a payor or managed care organization and with associated information systems is required.
- Demonstrable experience with large-scale systems implementations.
- Solid understanding of client-server, database, and web-related technologies.
- Strong experience in applications development methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, and with executive and non-management staff levels.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan
- 2 years ago - save job