The Authority is seeking a highly motivated Senior Technician, CADD, DS-11.
The Senior Technician, CADD is responsible for independently designing all size and type of water and sewer design projects. Performs utility design and creates plans for water and sewer system upgrades, repairs, and extensions using AutoDesk-AutoCadd drafting software. Performs advanced design tasks, which include preliminary design studies, construction and cost analyses and the preparation of specifications with cost estimates, provides advanced engineering customer service,
• Acts as lead technician in the development of in-house water and sewer designs. Responsible for ensuring proper CADD standards are identified and applied by staff.
• Orders and reviews utility research data necessary to develop utility plans and evaluate potential designs for conflicts.
• Prepares As-Built utility drawings from inspector field notes. Reviews daily reports and sketches turned in by inspectors and develops CADD documents suitable for recording location, depth, size, materials, appurtenances and function of installed utilities. Downloads field survey/GIS data points from data collections and survey instruments.
• Identifies and requests field elevation and location surveys as needed to support the as-built process.
• Provides technical guidance to co-workers, reviews and assigns work to lower grade technicians and serves as mentor/trainer as needed to staff in the design of water and sewer systems. Ensures technical quality of product, researches and applies design and drafting standards, performs QA/QC of department products.
• Performs updated geospatial utility information (as-builts) into the Authority GIS data system using ArcGIS.
• Provides design and drafting support to all other DC Water departments on an as-needed basis.
• Assists in the review of utility installation/upgrade plans developed by consultants working for DC Water and may support the permit review staff by providing technical review and information.
• Performs existing utility as-built information research utilizing DC Water based computer access tools (GIS, GIS viewer, Google, information data bases, etc.). Performs utility mapping research support to Authority sub consultants and permit applicants.
• Complies with applicable safety rules and regulations.
• Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate and five (5) years of progressive experience
associated with the design of water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer systems. Prefer completion of formalized AutoCADD training courses and or certification at a recognized learning institution.
• Knowledge of the elementary principles and practices of engineering design. Ability to read and interpret standards and specifications.
• Working knowledge of water and sewer design standards as they relate to a CAD based design system. Skill in the use of CAD equipment and software. Skill in the use of engineering instruments and equipment. Skill in the use of a personal computer and related software for report preparation.
• Knowledge of possible defects in construction materials and of effective corrective measures. Knowledge of the types of tests performed on construction materials and their application.
• Knowledge of mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to perform technical computations, analyze complex data, and prepare plans and reports based on findings.
• Ability to make independent investigations and conduct inspections related to engineering problems and to enforce requirements. Ability to prepare complex technical and engineering drawings. Specialized knowledge of field surveying with instrumentation and field data collection, sufficient to provide guidance to lower grade Technicians.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Primary duties are preformed indoors but, could be required to conduct field visits that could last several consecutive days, locations are throughout the city and neighboring jurisdictions. Conditions could include exposure to extreme cold and/or hot temperatures.
• Subject to noise, and to hazards from a variety of physical conditions.
• Subject to atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system or skin such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
DC Water - 18 months ago
DC Water distributes drinking water and collects and treats wastewater for more than 600,000 residential, commercial and governmental...