Sr Graphic Designer Job Description
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Seeking Graphic Designer for a multiple magazine operation.
*Applicant needs to live with-in 1 hour drive of Russellville, AR or be able to transfer to area.
- Organize, coordinate, and perform a variety of projects and assignments involving graphic design, production art, and magazine layout.
MAGAZINE LAYOUT AND DESIGN A MUST.
1. Assist in management of Graphic Services workflow to ensure all projects and assignments are completed on time and meet or exceed customer expectations; to include recording, verifying and updating weekly project status lists and prepare job status reports.
2. Develop, organize, coordinate and implement creative and cost-effective graphic solutions to meet the customer’s communication needs from concept through finished product.
3. Lead the design group in defining the visual look of all printed and digital material and in meeting overall design standards.
4. Design, lay out, produce and graphically execute a variety of visual communication pieces, including, magazines, brochures, and mailers, etc.
5. Manage and provide direction to outside designers, production artists, photographers and communicate with vendors to ensure adherence to company standards.
6. Review, evaluate, approve and inspection of vendor proofs and determine whether to accept or reject. Over see production requirements, and past history of all clients.
7. Inspect and evaluate finished product for print and communicate quality control problems.
8. Maintain computer and manual files of standards, proofs, jobs, and projects for quality control and reference purposes.
9. Maintain Universal Product Code bar coding system pertaining to every product and product size and ensure that the size, readability, and product numbers are correct and consistent with past products.
10. Inspect and evaluate finished products for print and color consistency, print quality, and content and communicate with vendors regarding solutions to quality control problems.
Educational attainment equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Art, Graphics Design or a related field
Thorough experience in graphic arts and computerized design applications is required, including experience in coordinating and executing design projects
Must be proficient in Adobe CS Suite.
Thorough knowledge of artistic layout and graphics components, including visual design, color, balance, form and function
Thorough knowledge of computer layout, design, word processing, and art production using a Macintosh platform
Thorough knowledge of graphics design methods, photographic composition and translation and printing processes
Ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate projects
Ability to independently research product, job requirements and specifications
Ability to develop graphics from abstract concepts
Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships