Helena Sand and Gravel
Job Requisition ID: 26679
Job Type: Driver / Delivery / CDL
Work Time: Regular
State: Montana (US-MT)
Postal/Zip Code: 59604
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of end dumps and/or belly dumps with and without double- or triple- pup trailers and/or tarp systems. Driver will deliver all types of asphalt, aggregates, soils, and other materials to both residential and commercial locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough pre- and post-trip inspections
- Operate end dumps and/or belly dumps with and without double- or triple- pup trailers and/or tarp systems for material loading/unloading and transportation to/from job site
- Conduct post-trip equipment cleaning
- Perform other labor intensive duties (i.e. shovel, scrape, wheel-barrow material, jack trailer up/down, help mechanics change tires when in the field, etc.)
- Sit in the same position (driving) for long periods of time
- Keep time and material records
- Follow verbal and written instruction
- Communicate effectively on the radio system
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of end dumps and/or belly dumps (with and without double- or triple-pup trailers) and all related equipment
- Ability to communicate using two-way radio
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with double/triple endorsements
- Must have a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of aggregates is preferred
- Basic computer skills are preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GRIP – with at least 90 lbs. of force
- CLIMBING – in, around, and on equipment
- HEAVY LIFTING – of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to75 lbs. from floor to waist
- AWKWARD POSITIONS – getting to and from both sitting and kneeling on the ground
- FLEXIBILITY – awkward reaches
- BALANCE – including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
- VISION – 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
- HEARING – corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to pass physical fitness and/or agility test
Helena Sand and Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Helena Sand and Gravel is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 19 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...