The incumbent provides senior level secretarial support to the Executive Director in the Office of Student Leadership and Activities (OSLA).
Responsible include but are not limited to:
• For all student clubs and executive branch of the student government association (SGA), assists with budget preparations; handles accounts; makes bank deposits; maintains ledgers; pays bills; prepares financial statements and reports including income and expense reports; receipts money; reconciles accounts; collects funds; maintains electronic bookkeeping ledger and receipt books; assures expenditures are in accordance with University and SGA policies; keeps supervisor informed as to the balances and expense history for all accounts.
• Process purchasing and contractual paperwork including but not limited to purchase orders, check requisitions, billing invoices, reimbursements, and cash advances.
• Track expenses and revenue reports on Banner and maintain an Access database containing all budgetary information for each student organization and provide daily accounting of all contracts, revenue, expenses and other business related tasks.
• Support office operations including responding to walk-in, telephone, and email questions and inquiries. Orders office supplies.
• Communicate with various constituents regarding financial and budget information in a clear, concise, and professional manner using oral and written communications.
• Related duties as assigned.
Prior experience in accounting/bookkeeping is required. Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, must be detail-oriented, possess highly advanced organizational skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Familiarity with the Banner Student Information System is highly desirable. Incumbent must be able to work independently and efficiently.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Some evening and weekend overtime may be required.
Subject to bumping
Qualified applicants may submit resumes via e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate job #01-13 in the subject line.
Open until filled
Hofstra University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -