To make a positive contribution as a member of a reset team responsible for completing multiple grocery store section resets. This is a temporary position created to support special, non-reoccurring projects. Your team will be supporting the division's merchandising efforts in a manner consistent with Kroger's Customer 1st Strategy and P.L. Marketing, Inc.
Required Availability and Work Hours:
Minimum Physical Abilities, must be able to:
- Must be able to report to work at approximately 6:00am each workday
- Workdays will last approximately 8 hours
- Workweek will be Monday through Friday
- Project will begin March 4th and will run approximately 4 weeks (subject to change without notice)
- Worksites will vary within a designated geographic area
- You will need reliable personal transportation (public transit not always available)
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- remain standing and/or walking unassisted for several hours at a time
- lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 pounds
- continuously bend up and down, reach in all directions and have unlimited upper body mobility
- lift and extend 30 pounds above the head, sometimes repeatedly
- have unlimited manual dexterity
- tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees.)
Essential Job Functions:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Communicate (read, write and speak) fluent English.
- Learn to read, understand, and implement plan-o-grams.
- Capability to collaborate with others and contribute effectively to a team.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Ensure you maintain a safe working environment at all times that is clean and organized.
- Break down designated grocery store sections in an orderly manner.
- Keep track of merchandise as it is removed from grocery store shelves.
- Clean and re-position shelves as needed to accurate measurements.
- Return merchandise according to an updated schematic diagram of the section.
- Take proper care of merchandise to prevent damage and maximize efficiencies.
- Maintain an environment that allows customers to shop with minimal disruption.
- Demonstrate a high level of teamwork at all times.
- Follow direction and provide updates to your team’s supervisors and store management.
- Must be able to perform essential job function of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Customer Focus – Making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger employees.
- Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards.
- Self Starter – Working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.