Gerdau is currently seeking a
Supervisor (Routine Facilitator)
for its Bismarck location, North Dakota facility.
This position is responsible for providing leadership guidance on establishing a productive, high performing, and safety conscious working cell environment. The major role of this job is to focus on all aspects related to safety, environmental, production, cost, quality, and people management through the continuous application of GBS principles for area/cell of responsibility.
- Needs assessments
- Coaching of production/quality improvement programs and standards
- ITS training
- 5S improvements
- Negotiate cell goals
- Development and implementation of cost and environmental control goals
- Maintenance and safety management processes and procedures
- Control workflow and minimize downtime and maximise productivity
- Duties will include controlling the work flow within the area of responsibility, assist in minimizing downtime/breakdowns and maximizing productivity, monitor performance, managing routine processes, and training employees in routine management standards.
- Facilitate training sessions for operators under a maintained training matrix on the compliance standards, routine methodologies, tools, policies, practices, and processes.
- Coach and develop the team at failure analysis and support the QIS methodology.
- Develop performance expectations, audit performance, document findings, and establish corrective action plans.
- Collaborate with and encourage operators on subjects pertaining to the GBS processes, audits, 5S initiatives, needs assessments, preventive maintenance and safety management processes and procedures, QIS, Kaizen Events, and other process routine management activities to identify opportunities for improvement and solve problems.
- Conduct trend analysis, compile, and analyze symptoms and failures.
- Administer all safety activities. Coordinates all emergency preparedness practices, policies, and procedures.
- Track performances on control items. Ensure compliance. Design and implement new as well as update existing standards.
- Audit performance, document findings, and develop corrective action plans.
- Oversee, contribute to, and support daily routine management activities including the GBS Processes/Tools in the day-by-day work.
- Establish and negotiate cell goals and manage Action Plans for area/cell of responsibility cell goal achievement.
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment based in Cambridge. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
- University degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business Administration or Material Science.
- Combined with 4 to 6 years experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment with exposure to standardization and production quality methods.
- Incumbent must have a working knowledge of the steel manufacturing methods and techniques involving the use of heavy mill machinery and related equipment.
- Previous qualifying experience in scrap processing, melting, casting, rolling, maintenance, finishing, shipping/warehouse operations, and supervisory/facilitation a must.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the business system and the use of complex technical and engineering processes.
- Requires the ability to train and guide people.
- The incumbent should possess solid presentation abilities combined with good interpersonal and organizational skills. People management skills a must.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical & Prescription
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Gerdau - 19 months ago
Gerdau Ameristeel puts its stamp on the steel business in the US. The company is one of the largest minimill steelmakers in North America,...