This position assists with engineering activities and performs tasks associated with those activities.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
• Assist with Assignments
• Apply Engineering principles
• Detail Oriented
• Responsible Team Member
• Identify tasks and be task oriented; take ownership of task/project
• Results Oriented
Potential Task Assignments within the scope of this position
1. Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation
2. Maintains a professional working relationship with internal & external customer and support staff
3. Represents team and participates on cross-functional teams.
4. Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
5. Assists in developing physical and functional test requirements to assure specifications & regulations are met.
6. Writes and reviews protocols, reports and data.
7. Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods
8. Executes validation studies on equipment & processes
9. Executes design controls
10. Analyzes design inputs
11. Conducts complaints investigations
12. Trains on, understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
13. Participates in and provides input to training on department & division procedures, and policies.
14. Prepares and submits for approval requests for project funding. Participates in project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
15. Plans and coordinates engineering test builds.
16. Analyzes design, process and test development problems.
17. Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
18. Develops and implements manufacturing procedures to provide production with easy to follow assembly instructions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Basic Technical writing skills
2. Basic interpersonal skills – active listening
3. Ability to read drawings
4. Good understanding of engineering principles
5. Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principles
6. Ability to perform testing per written directions
7. Demonstrated comprehension of basic descriptive statistics
8. Basic Software application skills
9. Basic problem solving skills
10. Ability to collect and analyze data and derive conclusions
11. Ability to make recommendations to reach a solution
12. Oral and written presentation skills
13. Ability to follow design controls
14. Ability to work independently
This position requires:
• an Associate technical degree plus two (2) years technical experience OR
• a Bachelor degree in science or engineering OR
• Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles through 7 (seven) years of engineering experience within the medical device or equivalent regulated industry.
The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
C. R. Bard - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...