Mariner Real Estate Management is a real estate investment management firm currently managing and investing in real estate, real estate-related assets and real estate-focused companies located throughout the United States. MREM’s experienced and professionally diverse management team implements a disciplined and contrarian investment strategy in an effort to achieve attractive risk-adjusted returns by investing in real estate and real estate-related opportunities.
We are currently searching for qualified candidates to join our team as a Development Director in our Leawood, KS office. This position will lead all development functions of the organization’s property investment funds.
- Manage and regularly review all aspects of diverse, large and small complex real estate projects including mixed-use commercial developments, residential subdivisions, and 3,000 acre master planned communities.
- Drive acquisition and development opportunities including:
- Financial analysis, property valuations, IRR analysis and cash flow modeling
- Joint venture structuring
- Impact analysis of lease transactions and capital projects to property and yield
- Collection of due diligence materials and coordination with external teams in legal and accounting fields
- Oversee acquisition-related tasks including:
- Review of leases, offering memorandums, and loan documents
- Communication with lenders and underwriters to resolve questions
- Development of budgets and budgeting models
- Monitor investment portfolios including:
- Definition and development of key performance indicators for tracking
- Monthly MAP reporting, ensuring previous assumptions and forecasting are consistent with investment strategy
- Property distributions and contributions
- Update property valuations and investment strategies as required
- Oversee local operating partners and vendors
- Perform ad hoc tasks and projects for the development of investments and company growth strategies
- Analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from technical, mathematical and other concrete or abstract variables
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload with a high degree of organization, and complete projects on time
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field
- Minimum seven years’ real estate development experience
- Experience in analysis performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modeling techniques
Our firm, founded in 2008, is an employee-owned partnership with Mariner Holdings, LLC, a private company dedicated to meeting the...