Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking two Data Modelers / Data Analysts to join our team in Alexandria, VA .
Key Role/Position Description:
Day to day responsibility:
- Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases.
- Design and development of complex large scale OLTP system in Oracle environment.
- Manage a small team of data engineers responsible for performing various data analysis and on-going data base design and development.
- Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in Oracle databases – using SQL and other data mining tools like SAS or SPSS Modeler.
- Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making.
- Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models.
- Understand the data flow in ATS systems for targeting and incorporate models from both input and output perspective into these streams.
- 10-12 years of experience in data base programming, data modeling and design and development of large OLTP database using Oracle preferably running on Exadata.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience in Oracle application design (e.g. Enterprise Manager, SQL Developer).
- Experience in database/SQL performance tuning of large – multi-terabytes OLTP database.
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models, preferably using ERwin 7.3 or later.
- Hands-on experience developing fully normalized relational (3NF) data models .
- Must be familiar with modeling data structures to accommodate large scale (multi-terabytes) OLTP database systems.
- Experience in application/database documentation development, Database documentation: design/implementation recommendations, updated design specifications/database diagrams, data dictionaries, generate PDM DDLs, updated coding standards, performance tuning parameters.
- Ability to support and assist the development and testing team in the design and implementation of database applications.
- Experience in performing data quality analysis and profiling tasks, including: Source/target assessments, Data model integrity, Redundancy checks, Ranges and outliers Sparsity/density metrics.
- Prior experience in working with Customs or ICE travel related data a plus.
- Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus.
- Advanced – Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Background Investigation (including police and credit check) required and must hold a current DoD secret clearance.
- Must be able to support the program on-site Monday – Friday.
- Strong organization and time management skills – prior experience in leading a small team is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment .
- Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.