Requisition ID: 19918BR
Job Title: Research & Development Engineer
Division: Stryker Sustainability Solutions
Business Functions: Research & Development
Business Sub-Functions: New Product R&D
Country: United States
The Research and Development Engineer designs, develops, and improves new processes for medical devices and directs the testing and evaluation of medical devices.
Qualifications/Work Experience: -Advanced understanding of project leadership skills needed to effectively lead a multiple tasked and cross functional team projects to completion.
Education -Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science field.
- Advanced understanding of project management principles to effectively complete assignments and achieve desired outcomes.
- Increased project ownership and accountability.
- Uses team management skills to lead the design group during product development through product launch.
- Directs development of an action plan and estimates requirements for resources – management, tasks, budgets, labor, materials, and time required to complete projects.
- Monitors progress of development project and compares actual costs with estimates.
- Leads design team to modify plans as appropriate if problems arise.
- Prepares communication in weekly reports, status updates, detailing progress and costs for management.
- Discusses project status reports at monthly project reviews with executive team and design review meetings.
- Advanced ability to generate detailed project plans, multitask, and fast tracking of project tasks.
- Plans and directs new product development.
- Perform Process/Product developments and validation.
- Advanced understanding of Statistical Analysis principles for data analysis and testing reports.
- Ability to effectively interact within a team environment and with other departments such as Quality, Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Mfg. Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, as well as external customers and suppliers.
- Establishes test protocols specified by customer input, national and international standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Directs and facilitates the testing of new products to verify product reliability.
- Interaction with production/manufacturing for design transfer to production floor.
- Leads the development of technical protocols and reports.
- Improve/support existing processes.
- Advanced knowledge of FDA requirements associated with the development of medical devices including Design Control and the technical support required for regulatory submissions.
- Potential supervisory responsibilities of interns or R &D Technician on departmental projects.
Percent Travel Required: 15%
- 0-3 years experience in Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Biomedical Engineering (medical device company preferred).
- Advanced understanding of Statistical Methods and Project Management Principles (formal training preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology/concepts related to medical devices.
- Proficient in managing projects to effectively complete assignments and achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan/prioritize activities.
- Ability to work independently or with a team with multitasking skills.
- Ability to work in dynamic team and company setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present issues, plans and objectives.
- Ability to work in fast paced organization, meeting multiple deadlines and succeeding under pressure is a must.
- Motivated, resourceful, ambitious, enthusiastic and attentive to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project, Visio.
- Exposure to JD Edwards/Business Objects.
Stryker - 18 months ago
- 1 day ago
Waterstone Mortgage Corporation
Waterstone Mortgage Corporation
- 1 hour ago
- 4 hours ago
Is this an operating room or Dad's workshop? Stryker's surgical products include such instruments as drills, saws, and even cement...