Cobb County School District is accepting applications for the following position(s): Director, K-12 Curriculum, 2011 Job Qualifications: 1. Master's Degree 2. Valid Georgia Educational Leadership certificate 3. Experienced in K-12 school programs and leadership; K-12 principalship, preferred 4.
Successful practical experience in written and oral communication, curriculum, technology skills, organization, leadership, interpersonal relations and public relations. 5. Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities Job Description: The Cobb County School District is the second largest school district in Georgia and among the largest in the United States, serving a diverse enrollment of 106,000 students, with 114 schools, 14,000 employees and a $1B annual operating budget. We are seeking qualified applicants for the Director, K-12 Curriculum position.
Incumbent reports directly to the Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum and Instruction. The Director, K-12 Curriculum, under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum and Instruction, provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive curricular and instructional program. This position, plans, develops, organizes, and implements the policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to the district curriculum and schools. Specific responsibilities include the following.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Directs Curriculum & Instructional programs at all levels. 2. Collaborates with all Directors to develop performance-based classrooms in Cobb County School District's schools.
3. Develops and grows collaborative curriculum teams. 4. Establishes and monitors the work of individual project teams.
5. Monitors the C&I Program Evaluation process. 6. Works with the Instructional Administration Director to plan the Assistant Principal curriculum meetings.
7. Works with all C& I Directors to plan curriculum supervisor meetings. 8. Determines K-12 vertical curricular issues and solutions.
9. Coordinates, with Directors and Supervisors, level Principal meetings. 10. Ensures the quality and appropriateness of course guides.
11. Ensures the quality of on-line exemplary units, unit outlines, and lesson outlines. 12. Coordinates school mapping projects with the district consensus maps.
13. Works with the AASs on area initiatives and ALT teams. 14. Attends selected Board meetings and community forums as needed.
15. Attends professional meetings to keep informed on current developments in assigned areas of responsibility. 16. Provides timely and accurate information on curricular concerns.
17. Evaluates selected Curriculum & Instruction staff. 18. Ensures that teachers and building and central administration are informed of curriculum issues.
19. Coordinates America's Choice Program. 20. Works effectively with the district curriculum staff to ensure a team approach to achieving results.
21. Works effectively with other system divisions to achieve district curriculum goals. 22. Identifies best practices within content areas and develops practical means for transfer 23.
Promotes articulation activities with other levels of the school system. 24. Allocates resources appropriately at a programmatic level. 25.
Works with Assistant Superintendent and curriculum supervisors to prepare information and action items for consideration by the Superintendent and Board of Education. Other Information: This position has important responsibilities in a large public sector. As such, the actions of the Director, K-12 Curriculum are potentially subject to a high degree of public and community scrutiny and must always reflect the prudent use of taxpayer dollars. Candidate must demonstrate operational and financial acumen and deal sensitively and responsibly with the local schools, central office departments, various groups and organizations, and a diverse community.
The Cobb County Board of Education reserves the right to accept equivalent qualifications as the board may deem appropriate and acceptable. Salary: $65,531 - $110,402 Salary placement will be based on Cobb County Board of Education experience and education calculations from the Board approved Administrative Salary Schedule. Days: 240
- 4 years ago - save job