NETWORK ANALYST - INTERMEDIATE
network analyst is one of the most technically skilled employees at each facility. He or she is an ambassador of AHS-IS network services in implementing corporate strategy, creating and supporting policy and procedures and adhering to change management procedures.
The network analyst creates and maintains a secure network to ensure that HIPPA, PCI and other government regulations are met.
The network analyst has knowledge of all IS projects at the hospital, professionally interfaces with hospital leadership and communicates appropriate knowledge back to the corporate office.
The analyst is creative in the approach to new technologies, offers excellent solutions with vision and thought and manages and implements the projects in a professional manner.
Under minimal supervision plans and evaluates moderately complex network systems and makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and /or expand service levels.
The analyst provides assistance in network planning, engineering and architecting along with developing technical standards and interface applications.
The network analyst provides resolutions for network problems.
Develops company policies and procedures to support network operations, security and integrity.
Planning for and managing the data network and the interface to wide area network
- Physical copper and fiber cabling
2 and 3 switching and routing
- WLAN access points and wireless controllers
- VPN connections and configurations
- Evaluating and implementing new technologies and equipment
- Monitoring network and trending network needs
- Troubleshooting various IT issues
- Installing and maintaining network equipment and wiring
- Liaison with external vendors as required.
- Maintaining and updating network equipment inventory records
- Proactively close all service desk tickets meeting or exceeding the SLA
- Assist the regional manager in developing budgets,
- Procurement of network equipment and supplies
- Performs system generation, tuning, configuration, upgrades, performance management, disaster recovery, and usage reporting as required.
- Develops company policies and procedures to support network operations, security and integrity
- High School Diploma is required.
College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education is highly recommended.
- Cisco CCNA certification is recommended. Microsoft certifications recommended.
- Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
- Ability to understand and implement mainframe and LAN/WAN functionality such as cabling systems, hubs, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, terminal servers and communication servers.
- Worked in a non-complex environment with multiple closets, devices, and nodes
- In depth understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and protocol interaction.
- 2+ years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environment is required.
- 1-2 years Cisco experience.
- Some VPN, multi-VLAN, and extra-building networking
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently is a must.
- Ability to quickly learn systems with little or no documentation.
Continuous learning of new systems, business processes and concepts are a must.
- Must have the ability to work well with people of varying levels of technical abilities.
- Must have project management background with 1-2 years of project management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
AHS Information Services
Staff / Associate
High School Diploma / GED
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Feb 13, 2013, 3:36:32 PM
Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare's mission is to serve the community, and boy, does it! One of the country's largest faith-based...