The role of the Communications team within Shell is to maintain and enhance Shell´s overall reputation. Externally, we do this through engagement with key special publics, effective issues management, and crisis preparedness, while ensuring that Shell’s Business Principles and supporting policies and standards remain fit for purpose. Internally, communications is the key to engage employees and a high performance culture. It also contributes to the success of the brand and our reputation. Good communications is a key measure in the way our audiences – from staff and candidates, to customers and shareholders – know, understand and engage with us. |
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
Shell has important plans for exploring offshore Alaska. We believe this is a significant opportunity for Alaska and Shell . We are looking to carefully maintain the balance between shorter-term goals (exploration) and longer-term aspirations (being a valued member of the community over the coming decades). These plans represent an important first step on the ladder of Alaskan and wider Arctic exploration. The situation is challenging, both operationally and in terms of reputation. Many stakeholders in Alaska, the United States and internationally are watching Shell's activities in the state with great interest.
This role is part of the Alaska Venture Communications team, whose overall objective is to position a positive and distinctive reputation for Shell with respect its Alaskan exploration plans.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Ensuring Venture crisis readiness and competency in all communications aspects of a crisis.
- Overseeing development and delivery of external material for the Venture including publications, brochures and advertisements’ and ensuring the external facing Venture website content is continually updated and effectively utilized as a communications channel.
- Providing strategic communications counsel and support on areas of reputation opportunity and risk to relevant business leaders.
- Working closely with business & country internal communications advisors to deliver internal messaging.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor degree in Communications or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a communications professional required, preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Strong communications background with track record experience in external affairs and/or media management preferred.
- Incident Command System qualified incident responder with track record of experience working in crises/drills.
- Proven skills to deliver under time pressure.
- Ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into multi channel strategies / plans.
- Self-starter showing high degree of personal initiative, drive, and desire to come up with new business targeted creative solutions.
Application Deadline :
Monday 25 February 2013
Number of Vacancies :
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...