Excellent opportunity for a self-starter with an appetite to grow.
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Financial Controller reporting to the Controller. This person will oversee the day to day accounting operations of the company across the areas of A/R, A/P, cash management, payroll, benefits, fixed assets and general ledger work. The ability to establish and maintain procedures which will improve workflow and maximize operational efficiencies, as well as a background in cost control is necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the month end close and issuing financial statements
- Reconciling all banking statements
- Maintaining the company's accounting system and chart of accounts, implementing/improving procedures and controls
- Financial reporting and general ledger maintenance
- Managing expense control and advising CEO on potential issues in a pro-active manner
- Ensuring that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Ensuring all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements
- Reviewing complex contracts and client agreements. Ensuring that contract terms are implemented and met, especially in invoice submission and billing issue resolutions within a specific time frame
- Costing proposals and supporting the responses to RFP and other requests for proposal - financial reports as needed
- Managing vendor & contractor payment expectations
- Ensuring all employee commission payments deadlines are met
- Responding within 24 hours to all employee & contractor questions
- Providing support to the Human Resources function and administration
We offer a competitive salary in the 40K range and a comprehensive benefits package with room for career advancement.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years experience in cost accounting – background in internet staffing firms, or professional services firm would be helpful
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Excel experience required
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Good interpersonal skills –to manage vendors, contractors and employees
- Strong negotiation skills.
Response and resume should be sent to email@example.com
Monster - 3 years ago