Linux Systems Engineer - Boston, MA
This is a role for more of a med level systems engineer. Management is looking for individuals with high capicity and cutting edge ideas. Ideal candidate is not afraid to trouble shoot issues from outside the box. They need to be able to contribute new ideas to the whole team. The environment is small, so everyone in the office needs to be able to work alongside one another. Personality and attitude will play a big role in finding the right candidate.
· Primary support of Linux desktops and servers.
· Hardware maintenance
· Server patches, Backups, Installs, etc.
· New User account creation and setup
· Maintain Fedora desktop images and SmartOS virtualization servers
· Asterisk Phone support
· Assist team with various IT projects
· Desktop Windows and Linux administration
· Server administration of Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS
· Experience with NFS, Samba, LDAP
· Shell programming (bash/csh/ksh/etc.)
· Python and/or Perl
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
· C and/or Java programming experience
· Postfix and/or Zimbra
· PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science
· 2-3 years of relevant Systems Administration experience
Why you should apply:
· This is a unique company and a unique opportunity for a System Engineers. Most of our employees have a technical background, which allows our system administrators to spend less time on desktop support and more time on other projects.
· There is ample room for growth in this position.
· Excellent benefits including full health and dental coverage.
· Stable business (low turnover, no layoffs) has grown continuously through recession.
· Small business with non-hierarchical, meritocratic, intellectual culture.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition . Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com .
AVID Technical Resources - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard