Software Quality Assurance Analyst II develops publishes and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Develops quality assurance standards, defines, and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Develop, publish and implement test plans.
- Work with other departments during development to ensure features fir intended needs.
- Thoroughly test all releases in QA prior to release to production.
- Write and maintain test automation.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Coordinate with infrastructure team to push release to production servers.
- Track status of fixes and releases.
- Assist IT VP to determine release dates and bug/fix needs.
- Assist with other IT projects as required by Management.
- Active Listening
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at appropriate times.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest percentages, volume and apply basic math concepts.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time effectively; Sets goals and objectives.
- Project Management
- Coordinates projects; communicates changes in progress; completes projects on time.
- Technical Skills
- Pursues training and development opportunities; shares expertise with others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions.
Thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions/approaches to problems.
Experience and Education:
- Oral Expression
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity
- the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- BS/Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3+ Years Coding management Experience in C, C++ Java
- 3 - 5 Years QA experience with web portals.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- 3+ Years experience with Windows OS
- Familiar with NT, UNIX environments.
- Daily exposure to PC's and Networks
- The ability to lift 20 - 30 lbs w/assistance; may move heavy equipment and boxes.
- Sit for long hours in front of computer monitor(s)
- Will require long hours and some weekends when business needs dictate.
- Moderate noise level daily in office atmosphere.
Career.VI - 6 months ago