General Summary of Duties :
Overall responsibility for the management of facilities operations and the functioning of building systems and property maintenance.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Prolonged walking, standing, and sitting. Ability to climb stairs. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Ability to push and/or pull a file cabinet weighing five to fifteen pounds.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in all areas of the facility and office environment. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Oversee contractors for facilities renovation projects entailing electrical and mechanical tasks.
2. Schedule labor force and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel.
3. Recommend and administer facility management functions, policies, and procedures.
4. Develop, monitor, and enforce the Department's policy, processes, and procedures.
5. Develop, schedule, and control maintenance programs for systems and equipment.
6. Oversee inspection of jobs in progress and at completion to ensure standards of workmanship and safety are met.
7. Ensure department compliance with Fontainebleau Miami Beach policies, procedures, and programs.
8. Monitor permitting and approval process.
9. Responsible for recruitment, training, scheduling, supervision, and performance of the department’s personnel.
10. Maintains and performs regular maintenance on HVAC systems, pumps, motors, air handlers and guest room PM program.
11. Implement OSHA and ADA guidelines.
12. Maintain and refine preventive maintenance program
13. Contract and supervise waste disposal service and recycling program
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures within particular fields in a facility management environment. Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations. Strong supervisory and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with guest, management, and staff. Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills.
Minimum five years facility management experience preferred. Minimum of two years supervisory experience preferred.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach - 2 years ago