Our Account Managers manage five community sales campaigns in their first year of employment within 45 minutes of their home. They meet face to face with the owners and managers of every business located in their protected territory. Account Managers are responsible for selling traditional local directory advertising and mobile marketing services to these merchants by implementing the proven HomePages® Sales and Marketing Program.
Each of our 50,000 customers receives an in-person call to renew their participation in our community directories. Additionally, our reps identify and close a significant volume of new business and they introduce our established advertising customers to effective and practical text marketing products. Our sales people must be smart, ambitious and able to see a project through to its successful completion. In-person prospecting and the ability to stay focused on a goal is critical to succeeding in this position. Our successful employees share a number of common sales traits, including an ability to stay organized, a willingness to work very hard and a high level of interpersonal persuasive skills.
Our salary, commission and bonus plan offers exceptional earning opportunities. In 2011, the company’s average full year sales compensation was just above $70,000, with top performers consistently earning more than six figures. Combined with the broad array of benefits described below, and in light of the tremendous prospects for growth inherent in our nationally unique business model, joining the HomePages® sales team can be one of the most lucrative, challenging and rewarding opportunities that you will come across in a lifetime.
- Base Salary, Commissions, and Bonuses. (Realistic First Year $55,000+)
- Excellent Health, Prescription Drug, Vision, Dental & Life Insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
- Car Allowance and Company Cell Phone.
- Extensive Paid Professional Training Programs
- Generous Time Off including three weeks PTO and nine additional Paid Holidays.
- Significant Recognition and Incentive Programs
- Consistent Internal Promotions into Senior Sales and Sales Management.
Each day you will hit the field early or stay late (and sometimes both) approaching 40 local business owners in your assigned community to present HomePages® advertising and online solutions.
- From those 40 in person calls, you will average 8-12 decision maker presentations, resulting in several sales daily.
- This is a fun, fast paced, pavement pounding, deadline driven, presentation-oriented position with a short sales cycle, and many times, a one-call close.
- Must be able to make a great first impression and build instant rapport.
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate excellent follow-up skills.
- Must enjoy hunting sales and have enthusiasm for in-person, business-to-business cold calling
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and consistent professionalism while working with all members of the business community in our towns.
- Must be concise and confident asking for the sale in a one call close.
American Marketing & Publishing is focused almost exclusively on meeting the advertising and marketing needs of independent, family...