Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
The Engineering Business Unit provides a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems. In addition, our staff provides Hull, Mechanical and Electrical, as well as Weapons Systems design and installation support services, primarily for US Navy vessels. We are geographically dispersed with operations at numerous US Naval ports.
Provides expertise to set up, configure and install new software releases and system upgrades. Evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. May perform system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Participate in technical evaluations of hardware and/or software. Provide support to other functions. May require a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related area and 8-10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. May report directly to a project lead or manager.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Environments include support for Windows Active Directory, SharePoint websites, and various applications running in a virtual environment accessible from the Internet and Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI).
- Operation and Maintenance support includes patch management, information assurance/security, anti-virus, and data backup solutions.
- Provide system administration and engineering support for Windows 2003/2008.
- Provide engineering support for initiatives including, but not limited to, SQL, SharePoint, VMware, Host Based Security System (HBSS), and ISCSI Storage system.
- Develop, deploy and maintain automated Windows 2003/2008 Server builds.
- Attend to VMware VCenter server and Vsphere configurations, and hosted virtual server requirements.
- Create Standard Operating Procedure documentation for designs and implementation strategies of new hardware and software deployments.
- Address requirements for maintaining system security as defined by the Certification and Accreditation documentation.
- Work independently as well as in a support environment to meet deadlines while simultaneously performing multiple tasks.
- This environment not only includes working with the Help Desk; but also various SPAWAR Department technical points of contact as needed to resolve customer
May require a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related area and 8-10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. May report directly to a project lead or manager. ~ Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
MMust possess an Active Secret Clearance.
- Must be experienced in the administration of Windows Active Directory infrastructure to include Group Policy Object management experience, VMware ESXi server, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint v3 – 2010, Backup Exec, Acronis, McAfee HBSS
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and teach or assist others to resolve Systems related issues.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to produce system specifications, design requirements, test evaluation planning documents, and technical publications and reports.
- Requires strong understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
- Must be familiar with Department of Defense networking and security accreditation requirements.
- Knowledge of Retina and Host Based Security System (HBSS) is desirable. Vulnerability Management System (VMS).
- DoD Directive 8570.1 Information Assurance Workforce Technical Level II or III certifications required (Sec +, MCSA, MCSE, CISSP).
Must be 8570 Compliant at an IAT II level
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Advanced Career
Serco , Inc. - 18 months ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...