Experience creating and reviewing designs and drawings
• Strong AutoCAD skills
• Prior experience conducting cost estimates for modernizations, expansions, and/or renovations
• Ability to review design drawings and compile construction documents
• Strong communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively interact with representatives from a variety of engineering disciplines
• Experience working in a commercial campus environment
• Experience supporting modernization and/or expansion projects of new FAA facilities to support and plan for the integration of National Airspace System (NAS) and NextGen modernization projects and program systems, components and equipment
• Experience with facility move/renovation space allocation
• Experience working with general contractors
Specific Job Description
The Junior Architect will manage coordination and efficiency facility projects in support of the National Airspace System (NAS) assisting with preparation of construction documents and cost estimates for new and renovated facility requirements including leased land, streets, parking, and utilities. The architectural expertise required will be utilized to perform the duties listed below:
• Support the development of mission needs analysis and investment analysis of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) required funding
• Prepare the initial requirements documents to initiate construction
• Provide Automated Computer-Aided Drafting (AutoCAD) drawings and database support of site plans including facility baseline and transition drawings, facility record drawings, facility design and engineering drawings (Construction documents)
• Validate electric media as-built drawings for completed construction projects and update facility survey database and plan layouts for moves at the campus
• Prepare special drawings, data, and reports such as management presentations for both internal and external organizations at the FAA
• Conduct observations of work during construction to monitor compliance with specifications
• Review construction shop drawings and submittals for compliance with construction documents
• Provide architectural services for a wide range of engineering disciplines in support of NAS Implementation programs and projects
• Provide oversight and research of existing FAA facility drawings to determine which can be utilized in the compilation of a facility baseline package, develop new drawings where none previously existed, and generate NCPs for new or revised baseline drawings
• Other duties as required
Standard Job Description
Researches, plans, designs and administers building projects applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials. Consults with customer to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation. Prepares design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs and construction time data. Plans layout of project and integrates engineering elements into unified design. Prepares scale drawing and contract for contractors. Conducts observations of work during construction to monitor compliance with specifications. Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200)
Info Systems & Global Sol
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 2 years ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...