Product Design Engineer
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for the product design and development process to bring new products to market. This position may interact with key OEM customers and will function as a member of cross-functional development teams. This person will play a key role in helping the business unit achieving our goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned:
- Direct interaction with customers to better understand their needs.
- Create innovative solutions to solve unmet needs.
- Create detail drawings and prototype concepts to advance design.
- Work with a variety of vendors as needed to support assigned projects.
- Carry concept through the development process including activities such as
- FMEA creation
- Design Verification & Validation
- Design documentation to support FDA and CE requirements
- Creation of final detail drawings packages, part numbers, BOMs, etc. within our Document Control system
- Directly lead project teams to assure that products are delivered on time.
- Directly support transfer of the product from the development phase to manufacturing, including creation of assembly work instructions.
- With self-motivation, contribute to the success of a team by insuring targets are met and safe, effective products are launched.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Self motivated and highly driven.
- Well organized.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering required; masters degree preferred.
- Understanding of CAD systems required; experience with Solid Works preferred.
- 2-4 years in a product development or manufacturing environment. Experience in medical device design considered a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude for Mechanical design.
- Knowledge of common manufacturing processes, including machining, rotational molding, finishing, mechanical assembly.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Research & Development
United States-Massachusetts-Acton, MA (Amatech)
Hill-Rom - 17 months ago
Hill-Rom Holdings holds Hill-Rom Company, which, in turn, holds hospital patients safe and secure. Hill-Rom makes, sells, and rents hospital...